When the GP Practice is closed
If you have:
- an urgent health problem which cannot wait until your GP Practice is open, or
- need health information
the best way to access treatment is by calling NHS 111
CALL NHS 111 FOR FREE – you will be asked a series of questions to determine the best place for you to be seen.
What is NHS 111?
It’s a new NHS free to call phone number which makes it easier for you to access local health services. If you need urgent healthcare or out of hours care you should call NHS 111 before you go to any other service.
By calling NHS 111 you will be directed straightaway to the local service that can help you best. It is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
What will happen when I call NHS 111?
You will be asked questions and assessed by a fully trained call adviser who will give advice and direct you straightaway to the local service that can help you best. Call advisers are supported by clinicians who are on hand to assess callers’ needs and ensure they receive the right service, first time as quickly as possible.
When should I call NHS 111?
- When you need help fast but it is not life threatening
- You think you need to go to A&E or another NHS urgent care service
- When its outside of GP surgery hours
- For people who are away from home
- When you do not know who to call for medical help
- By dialling NHS 111 first you will be directed straightaway to the local service that can help you best
If it is an emergency, an ambulance will be despatched immediately without the need for any further assessment. For any other health problems, the NHS Call 111 advisers will be able to direct you to the service that is best able to meet your individual needs.
CALL NHS 111 FOR FREE